It is fall, and that means it’s time to indulge in warm, comforting bowls of soup made from healing pumpkin and bone broth.
Pumpkin is a wonderful source of dietary fiber and a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals. It contains many antioxidants, particularly beta-carotene which is essential for maintaining the integrity of the skin and mucous membranes and essential for optimal vision. The bone broth will support you gut and immune system and then some.
- 1 (15 oz) can organic pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ginger (fresh or dried)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken bone broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- salt and pepper
- Heat a medium soup pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add the onions, garlic, pumpkin, and broth to a blender and blender until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the soup pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to simmer and add coconut milk and ginger.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.