2 Apples (cored and sliced)
1/3 cup Maple Syrup (divided)
1 tbsp Coconut Flour (or 1 tbsp)
1/4 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
1 cup Oat Flour
3/4 cup Oats
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/3 cup Coconut Oil
1 cup Organic Coconut Ice Cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Place coconut oil in freezer to chill.
- Add apples, 1/3 of the maple syrup, coconut flour and applesauce to a medium bowl and toss until coated. Set aside while you make the crust.
- Add the oat flour, oats, the remaining 2/3 of the maple syrup, baking powder and sea salt to a different bowl and stir until combined.
- Remove coconut oil from the freezer and add to mixture. Use your fingers to work it in until coarse crumbs form and the mixture holds together when pressed.
- Remove a 1/3 of the crumbs for the topping and pour the remaining crumbs into the bottom of a tart pan or pie dish. Press the dough evenly into the pan.
- Pour the apples over the crust. Sprinkle the remaining crumble evenly over the apples.
- Bake for 40-45 min or until the crust is lightly brown. Check at 20-30 minutes if the tart is getting too brown. If so, tent with foil to prevent burning.
- Scoop into bowls and serve with organic coconut ice cream.
Source: That Clean Life